As of March 15, 2014, ES Research Group, Inc. has ceased operations.
Although I have attempted a number of times to pass the company on to a new owner, I was unable to identify an individual or firm that, without me, could take the company forward in a way that would build on all we had accomplished.
We did accomplish a lot since we founded the company in 2005:
- We published the first evaluations and comparisons of (initially) 15 sales training providers. That number increased to more than three dozen firms during the past few years
- We pressed a number of companies in sales training community to spend time and money measuring the impact of the products and services they deliver to their clients.
- We alerted the sales training community about the coming wave of technology-enabled learning and selling and guided them into engaging with the right technology partner(s).
- We assumed a leadership role in leveraging social media, especially LinkedIn and Twitter.
- We delivered a dozen webinars to the sales training community, advising them of what it takes to win training engagements as well as what they needed to know about the sales training industry.
- We coached CEOs and principals of many sales training companies on what they needed to do to grow their training and/or consulting practices.
- We assumed a thought-leadership position as a result of my blog.
- We provided sales training decision support to hundreds of end-user companies, from the Fortune 10 to start-ups in the Americas, EMEA, and Asia.
- We asked tough questions of trainers and buyers around ROI, fit, reinforcement, hiring, and other critical issues.
- We elevated the role of the sales trainer through our work with ASTD and my column in Sales and Marketing Management magazine.
I’ll continue to be active in the sales performance improvement community, as you’ll see. I also have a few other industry-related interests and projects that I am quite excited about. You’ll hear more about those over the next few weeks and months. And, I’ll continue to work with growing Irish companies here and in Dublin. My affiliation with the Dublin Institute of Technology and Enterprise Ireland is something I’ll remain committed to.
By all means, subscribe to and read this blog. I’ll continue to post, letting you know where I am and what I am up to as well as sharing what I believe to be what you need to know to engage with your customers more effectively.
Please feel free to contact me through my old ESR email address or by commenting on this post. I will not approve (publish) your comment if the purpose is just communication with me. My phone number will remain the same: +1 (508) 696-4905. It rings at my desk.
Thanks again for your guidance, inspiration, friendship, loyalty, and for being a vital part of a great community.
Although I’m no longer CEO of ES Research Group, I’ll always be the founder. That’s something about which I am very proud.
Dave Stein, Founder, ES Research Group, Inc.